Every person living with a disability has different needs. Your NDIS funding is there to help you meet your short and medium, as well as your long term goals.
Your funding is based on what is ‘reasonable’ and ‘necessary’ to achieve your goals, in addition to the support provided by family, friends and other community and government services.
Some of the types of supports that the NDIS may fund for participants include:
- Daily personal activities
- Transport to enable participation in community, social, economic and daily life activities
- Workplace help to allow a Participant to successfully get or keep employment
- Therapeutic supports including behaviour support
- Help with household tasks to allow the Participant to maintain their home environment
- Help to a Participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
- Home modification
- Mobility equipment
- Vehicle modifications